Makeup artists are becoming very popular. People are traveling to different cities and even states looking for makeup artists to make them look flawless while vacationing or preparing for a nice event. In addition to more and more women using makeup artists, women are starting to spend a lot more time in the mirror applying their own makeup to allow them a perfect look. I, on the other hand, don’t have time for it. I didn’t start wearing makeup until I was in my 30s and while I’ve added more products to my cosmetic bag, I’m just not here for a two hour makeover every morning. I have a 15 minute routine that works for me and it gives me a look that’s satisfying enough. So what’s in my bag and do I spend a lot on my products?
- Foundation (splurge) – I use the Lancome Dual Finish Powder. This product is a splurge, costing around $42, but it is long lasting. I like the fact that it’s not heavy like other products I’ve experienced. This product really does have a smooth finish and the blending is great.
- Foundation (save) – During the summer months I don’t wear foundation that often and because I don’t go many places I would consider important enough to wear my “expensive” makeup, I opt for Ulta’s foundation which cost $14.00. The foundation goes on very smoothly and is also light. However, it wears throughout the day and I have to touch up if I want the look to last.
- Highlighter Stick (save) – I’m learning how to use highlighter so I look for products that are very affordable while I experiment with this part of my routine. I use Victoria’s Secret Just Say Glow highlighter stick. Again, I’m learning so for now this is sufficient. Once this wears out I’m not sure what I’m going to use because they no longer carry this product.
- Blush (save) – I use to swear by Mary Kay’s blush until I could no longer find a Mary Kay salesperson. This sad event led me to try new products but I didn’t want to spend a lot. I tried Ulta’s blush but that didn’t seem to work out. I finally tried CoverGirl Cheekers and I am in love with the quality. I tried the color Rock N Rose and I will continue to purchase this product. The blush ranges from $5.00 – $7.00 depending on where I’m purchasing the product.
- Finishing Powder (save) – This is another product that I purchased from Mary Kay and well, you know how that ended. I came across Cover Girl’s translucent powder and I like the fact that they have one powder that matches every skin tone so I don’t have to figure out what blends and what doesn’t. The powder costs approximately $7.00.
- Mascara Primer (save) – Many people don’t think there is a need for primer but it is essential. It definitely enhances my eyelashes and stretches the length before I apply my mascara. I use L’oreal Voluminous Primer and it runs about $6.00 if bought alone.
- Mascara (splurge) – I put a lot of attention into my eyelashes so therefore I’m willing to pay for mascara products. I think it’s cheaper to buy quality mascara than it is to put on lashes everyday or have lashes applied weekly. I don’t have one particular brand that I stick to but I purchase mascara products that have proven to be quality products. Some of the mascara products I use include Too Faced Better Than Sex, Milk Makeup Kush Mascara, Laura Geller GlamLash, Buxom Mascara and Bad Gal Bang Mascara. All of these products range from $24 – $30. I am also enrolled in the Ipsy program and I select a mascara product every month for my Glam Bag.
- Eyeliner (save) – I use one brand and one color eyeliner. I only use NYX blue crayon eye pencil. I catch the eyeliner pencils on sale at Ulta and that covers me for about two years. These pencils run about $4.50/pencil and I catch the buy one, get one 1/2 sale.
- Chapstick (save) – This is definitely a save because I always get the chapstick that is available at the doctor’s office. It’s a free product you can grab when you grab your lollipops.
- Lip Gloss (save) – I always misplace my lip gloss so I refuse to pay a ton of money for it. Victoria’s Secret recently had their lip gloss on sale for $2.00 and of course I stocked up on lip gloss. I also buy Ulta brand lip gloss.
- Lipstick (splurge) – I just started wearing lipstick, like really wearing lipstick this year. I have been using Mac Uniformly Fabulous and it is amazing. The product is long lasting and some days I have to use makeup wipes to remove the product. I love this product because it does not wear throughout the day even after drinking through a straw or having breakfast and lunch. Very seldom is there a need to do touch ups.
Whew I did not realize how many products I had in my bag or how many I actually use in my 15 minute routine What’s in your bag? Any suggestions for any other beauty products or steals and deals?