Recently, I was subjected to a direct message that read, “Good morning. You are so fu**ing sexy.” I was appalled and felt like the person (unknown to me) that sent it was crass. I couldn’t figure out if they thought I was would accept that statement as a compliment or if they were truly desperate and disrespectful. Since I didn’t know the sender, I simply blocked and deleted the message and reported the sender as having a spam account. Thankfully, Instagram sent me a message saying the account had been deleted.
In today’s society, I am learning these types of statements have become the norm. Many women have taken a liking to the idea of being sexy and no matter how the statement is delivered, if it has sexy or beautiful in it, it’s acceptable. After reading some of the recent comments and pick up lines on social media I think I would rather stick to the “old school players” approach. Some of the worse, but nonetheless my favorite pick up lines are listed below:
- I’m no photographer, but I can picture us together.
- Are you a parking ticket? Because you’ve got “FINE” written all over you.
- If I could rearrange the alphabet I would put “U” and “I” together.
- Can I borrow a kiss? I promise I’ll give it back.
- You look familiar. Oh, you’re the girl of my dreams.
- Can you give me directions to your heart?
- Do you have a map? Because I keep getting lost in your eyes.
- I lost my phone number. Can I have yours?
- If you were a booger, I’d pick you first.
- Baby, if you were words on a page, you’d be fine print.
As I sat typing these lines, I laughed so hard. These are some of the corniest statements I have ever heard. However, I’ll take them any day over what is now considered suitable in approaching women. I hope grown men understand that girls want attention, women want respect. We would rather laugh at your lines being stale than feel like we have been scorned. The way you approach a person will determine how that person will treat you. In the words of The Temptations, “Treat her like a lady.”