The day has come and you have crossed the threshold into what many call “manhood”. It is now time for you to fly and as your mother I vow not to clip your wings, but allow you to propel forward. While it appears one door has closed, a door has actually been opened. Don’t spend time reflecting on the closed door and forget to step into the unsecured door that leads you to new paths. As you advance in your life, here are ten things we, your parents, will pray for you daily.
- We pray you continue to seek God, trust Him and lean not on your own understanding. Pray His will for your life and know that He stands firmly on His promises.
- We pray that you fully accept Christ in your life by being baptized.
- We pray that you become a strong black man that values your family.
- We pray you a lifetime of love, laughter and limitless possibilities.
- We pray your safety daily and we hope people see you for your gifts and talents and not the color of your skin.
- We pray your health and strength.
- We pray that you are always encouraged and when things don’t go as planned, we pray for your endurance.
- We pray for your sense of character. Remember character is who you are when no one is looking.
- We pray you resist temptation.
- We pray you have resources that afford you the opportunities to fulfill your wildest dreams.
And if nothing else, we pray that you know our love for you will never die. We are proud of you and will always go above and beyond to help you fulfill your destiny. As you move into your next season, remember, “You don’t have to have it all figured out to move forward. Just take the next step.”
Forever, Your #1 Fans