Most of us dream and when we dare to dream, we dream big. While attending a Girl’s Night Out, Pre-Covid, we played a game. I’m not really sure the name of the game. What I do remember is we had to randomly select a question and answer it as honestly as possible. Of course, I received the celebrity crush question and I didn’t have an answer because I’ve never had a real “celebrity crush”. So to try to get a response, the question was rephrased to ask, “If you could have dinner with anybody, who would you choose and why?” Well…
- My daddy – The first person I would choose is my daddy. When my dad was ill and in his final days, my youngest sister planned a dinner gathering for the family. She arrived in town on Tuesday and we were to assemble on Saturday. My dad passed away on Wednesday, so we never got around to the entire family sitting together. While I spent time with my dad every Sunday and on random days during the week, my siblings and I were never able to sit together in his final moments and surround him with love, collectively.
- Whitney Houston – Whitney Houston was my favorite singer and I still listen to her almost every time I turn on music. I probably would have annoyed the crap out of her by asking her to sing one-liners randomly throughout the evening. I don’t know if we would have gotten through dinner.
- My younger self – I would love to sit with my younger self and have a discussion about the years between the ages of 22-35. After graduating college with my undergraduate degree and obtaining my first job I became very stagnant in life. I was content and satisfied and didn’t push myself too much beyond my comfort zones. Although I’ve moved on from that place, I’m interested in determining how I got stuck there for years.
- Chauncey Billups – Chauncey Billups is about the closest thing to a celebrity crush I’ve ever had. So naturally if I could pick anybody I wanted to have dinner with at some point in my life, Chauncey Billups would be the one.
- My husband and son – Yes, we absolutely go out for dinner! However, 2020 has been a very different year for all of us. We’ve missed birthday dinners, graduation dinners, random Saturday night dinners, etc. due to Covid. Although we sit together at the dinner table most nights, it’s not the same. Going to dinner allows us to disconnect from the norm including devices, the noise from the television, someone having to get up to refresh a drink or someone finishing dinner first and leaving the table.
Is it not normal to have a celebrity crush? Is it normal to wish for that one last moment with someone or do you just move on? Am I the only person refusing to sit in a restaurant with the restrictions loosened?