As I get closer to finishing grad school, the more difficult it is to stay motivated. It appears that many of the tasks have become redundant and we are being issued assignments to buy time until we cross the finish line. Having run out of energy and simply relying on fumes, I’ve resolved to listening to inspirational music and reading some of my favorite quotes to keep me going. I have kept this quotes in a journal for years and I reference them often when I feel like I’ve hit a brick wall.
- “You win some, you lose some, and some get rained out, but you have to suit up for them all.” – Everyday is not your best day. But everyday it is necessary to give your best.
- “Those who wish to sing always find a song.” – Where there’s a will, there’s a way. Make it happen.
- “It’s hard to beat a person who never gives up.” – You’re never a quitter until you stop trying.
- “Whoever I am, or whatever I am doing, some kind of excellence is within my reach.” – There is some level of greatness within you.
- “It does not matter how slowly you go so long as you do not stop.” – Every step that moves you forward is a step in the right direction.
- “Whatever you are, be a good one.” – No one gets to determine what you’re going to be but you owe it to yourself to be the best version of you.
- “Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss you’ll land among the stars.” – Set your goals high. Even if you fall short, great things have still happened in the process.
Keep cheering me on to the finish line. I’m close enough to see the tape. If you have a quote or two that keeps you motivated, please feel free to share. 🙂