Spring is the season when I find myself the most productive, but it’s probably because it’s the season when I’m the most busiest. Spring brings track season, end of school year festivities, closet cleanings, daylight savings time which means more time to spend outdoors and the list goes on. Because we spent last spring quarantined, I am looking forward to doing something other than worrying myself to the point of anguish as I did last year. Spring officially begins Saturday, March 20th and I have created a 30 for 30 list, 30 activities in 30 days for 2021.
- Clean my closet (well at least my dresses and skirts) – Dresses and skirts are my favorite clothing articles to buy. Because I have so many, some get lost. Every spring I clean and shop my closet. I find pieces to revamp and create a “new” wardrobe for the summer.
- Read – Spring starts my reading marathon. I don’t know if it’s the daylight hours, a more relaxed schedule or spending countless hours at track meets, but I definitely read more.
- Go strawberry/blueberry picking – I attempted this last spring but got to the farm too late, or something like that. I’m not sure what happened but I didn’t get any blueberries.
- Visit a park/playground – My husband and I used to do this every Sunday after church. I don’t know why we stopped but I want to revisit this practice. It set the tone for a peaceful and productive week.
- Get ice cream/popsicles from the popsicle truck – Why are the popsicles on the ice cream truck not sold in stores? I’m going to need a bomb pop, the popsicle with bubble gum for eyes, and the packaged snow cone with the bubble gum at the bottom of the packaging. Please pray I don’t have to chase the ice cream truck because I don’t think I will ever catch it.
- Visit a flea market – I haven’t been to a flea market in years but I find them fascinating. I’ve been seeing a few advertisements for flea markets and would like to visit one I’ve never been to before.
- Dye eggs – I DO NOT, I REPEAT, “I DO NOT like dying eggs!”. but it’s a tradition at our church for the kids. I’m always entertained by the mess I create. Anything for the kids!
- Exercise more – Spring and summer are the periods I hit it hard. This is the time I will sometimes opt for two a days or try new things such as Zumba or Hip Hop Dance. Lately, I’ve been setting a weekly goal to run 15-20 miles/week. Setting a weekly mileage goal has gotten me going a lot more than simply saying I’ll work out 3-4 times a week.
- Try Pilates – I know this is a part of exercising but this seems like something a lot more challenging to take me out of my comfort zone. I tend to do what is comfortable for me but it’s time for something new and improved.
- Sit on my patio – We bought patio furniture last spring and I spent a few days outside but not as much as I would have liked. Sitting on the patio enjoying an adult beverage in the evening was very refreshing and I am going to enjoy a few more of those days this year.
- Spring Clean – I’ve already started this task and after last year’s spring cleaning, there’s not much more to do other than throwing away the house. However, I know there’s still clutter in places and there are some areas that could use some organization such as photo storages and teaching materials/resources.
- Get a facial – I’ve never had a facial. I do most of my self-care at home but I would like to experience a professional exfoliating and peel.
- Staycation at Jellystone Park – Jellystone Park is about a 45 minute drive for my family. I’ve done the cabin camping thing a few times and enjoyed it. This is somewhere close enough to enjoy the camping thing again.
- Buy tee shirts – I’m going to try and buy some tee shirts that I will actually wear. I’ve mentioned before, I have a hard time buying tee shirts that I feel comfortable wearing. They are always too snug or too big. I’m going to figure this tee shirt thing out,
- Go to an amusement park – We don’t have an amusement park in our city so going to amusement parks requires us to travel. I love rollercoaster rides and will stand in lines to ride every single ride in the park. I have not been to an amusement park since 2018 so it’s long overdue.
What are your plans for the spring? I think spring cleaning is the norm for most households or just is it just my household? Any good, safe ideas that I can enjoy? Drop them below.